Come down to Bell Park this Saturday from 10am–2pm for a beach clean-up with a difference.
Each 10 pieces of litter collected equals one token that can be spent at the pop-up market on clothing, books, and bric-a-brac.
Listen to live local music from the very talented Travis Green, India Bradshaw and Callum Vincent.
There are wonderful prizes to be won:
- the strangest piece of litter wins a $50 voucher from Lulu’s Café
- the best photo of the event wins a meal for two at the Pink Duck
- the furthest litter collected wins a $50 voucher from Steel Tree
- the most cigarette butts collected wins a trip for two adults to Penguin and Seal Island from Rockingham Wild Encounters
- the most straws collected wins a $50 voucher from Lulu’s Café
- the most bottles collected wins a $100 voucher for Rustico’s, and
- the big prize for the person that collects the most litter; a tandem sky dive from Rockingham Skydive.
Support Local Businesses
Local businesses have joined the Seaside Scavenge by pledging to reduce single-use items this Saturday. The City encourages residents to support these local businesses while on the Rockingham foreshore:
- Lulus Café – $3 take-away coffee for people who bring their own reusable cup
- Steel Tree on Rockingham Foreshore – 50 cent discount on take-away coffee for people with reusable cups, and also not serving plastic straws
- Pink Duck – not serving plastic straws.
Many individual volunteers are helping out on the day, and include volunteers from Naragebup Environmental Centre and Penguin Island Volunteers. Latitude 32 is providing snacks for volunteers.
Come down and join the fun
- Located at Bell Park, Rockingham Beach Road (between Wanliss St and Flinders La), Rockingham
- Register your participation
- Start collecting litter, from any public area within the City
- See volunteers to swap litter for tokens (by 1.30pm at the latest)
- Spend tokens at the pop-up shop
- Listen to some groovy tunes
- Listen out to see if you won a prize.
For more information visit the Rockingham Seaside Scavenge event page.