Nominations for the 2019 City of Rockingham Sports Star Awards are now open, with talented local athletes, clubs, teams and volunteers encouraged to enter.
Running since 1996, the Sports Star Awards are an annual celebration that highlight the outstanding achievements of the sporting community in Rockingham.
This year’s event will be hosted at the Gary Holland Community Centre on Thursday 19 September 2019, with awards to be given out in the following categories during a special ceremony:
- Club of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Senior Sports Star of the Year
- Junior Sports Star of the Year
- Sports Star of the Year with Disability
- Volunteer of the Year
- John Brown Lifetime Achievement Memorial Award.
City of Rockingham Mayor Barry Sammels is encouraging all residents involved in sports across the community to nominate a worthy recipient.
“The Sports Star Awards have recognised the contribution of international, state, regional and local competition level champions for the past 23 years,” Mayor Sammels said.
“Sport and recreation is of huge value to our community and its importance in helping to forge positive physical and mental health cannot be over emphasised.
“There are so many talented athletes, successful teams and devoted volunteers in Rockingham, so I encourage all residents involved in sport across our community to make a nomination for this year’s Sports Star Awards.”
The City also thanks its sponsors for the 2019 Sports Star Awards:
- The Sound Telegraph – long-term sponsor which has supported the event since its inception in 1996.
- Baldivis Health and Fitness– long-time sponsor of the awards.
- Rockingham F45 Training – long-time sponsor of the awards.
- Rockingham Centre – three-time sponsor of the awards.
Nominations for the awards close at 4.30pm on Wednesday 31 July 2019. For more information or to obtain a nomination form visit Sports Star Awards.