Local athletes, clubs, teams and volunteers are being encouraged to nominate contenders for the 2019 City of Rockingham Sports Star Awards before nominations close on Wednesday 31 July 2019.
The Sports Star Awards, which have been running since 1996, are an annual celebration that highlight the outstanding achievements of the City of Rockingham’s sporting community.
Awards across seven categories will be presented during a special ceremony at the Gary Holland Community Centre on Thursday 19 September 2019. The categories include:
- Club of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Senior Sports Star of the Year
- Junior Sports Star of the Year
- Sports Star of the Year with Disability
- Volunteer of the Year
- John Brown Lifetime Achievement Memorial Award
City of Rockingham Mayor Barry Sammels urged all residents involved in the Rockingham sporting community to nominate a worthy recipient before the deadline.
“The City of Rockingham is home to a number of outstanding athletes, clubs and volunteers and we look forward to formally recognising them for their efforts at the 2019 Sports Star Awards,” Mayor Sammels said.
“There is a wide range of mental and physical health benefits associated with sport and recreation, so its importance to our community cannot be overestimated.
“As the deadline for nominations approaches, I encourage all residents associated with sport in Rockingham to consider nominating a fellow club member, coach, athlete or volunteer in this year’s Sports Star Awards.”
The City also thanks its sponsors for the 2019 Sports Star Awards:
- The Sound Telegraph – long-term sponsor which has supported the event since its inception in 1996.
- Baldivis Health and Fitness– long-time sponsor of the awards.
- Rockingham F45 Training – long-time sponsor of the awards.
- Rockingham Centre – three-time sponsor of the awards.
Nominations for the awards close at 4.30pm on Wednesday 31 July 2019. For more information or to obtain a nomination form visit Sport Star Awards.