Expressions of interest are now open for people wanting to live in the City’s Challenger Court retirement village, located at 30 Ray Street.
Entry into Challenger Court is managed using an eligibility ranking assessment. Successful applicants will be offered a position on a waiting list, which reopens on Monday 11 March 2019.
Challenger Court is a Retirement Village and has 50 one-bedroom independent living units which have a comfortable living area, kitchen and bathroom.
Prospective applicants wishing to apply must address the following criteria in order to qualify:
- aged 55 years and over – evidence of age required
- living in the City of Rockingham – evidence of residency required
- not in full time employment – evidence of not working full time
- financially disadvantaged – evidence required Centrelink or DVA letter
- medically fit to live independently at Challenger Court – evidence required from GP (doctor) stating: First Name, Last Name can live independently at Challenger Court. If current resident is causing physical/mental harm GP (doctor) must state in letter.
Those who do not meet the eligibility criteria will be advised in writing within three months.
An application form is available to download below or can be obtained from the Customer Service counter at the City of Rockingham, Civic Boulevard, Rockingham.
The closing date for applications is 4.30pm on Friday 12 April 2019.